Sunday, August 8, 2010

YO SOY ESPAÑOL ESPAÑOL ESPAÑOL!!!

I can't believe this trip is actually over! Coming into Salamanca that first week was so nerve-wracking but leaving the city and my host family actually made me cry!!! I had such an amazing experience throughout my time in Spain and I would not trade any part of it for anything. Everything from the culture, the food, the WORLD CUP (campeones!!!) and the other students on the trip made my time here in Spain so memorable.
Through the food practicum, my spanish cooking class, and my señoras cooking, I was able to learn so much about the food here in Spain! The first week practicum trips presented an interesting and unique experience that I don't think I would have sought out on my own. I was able to go to a cheese factory and not only see how cheese was made, but also hang out with the bulls and sheep that produced this cheese and then FEAST afterwards. Also, the wine and cheese tasting at the vineyard definitely didn't suck either... (LOVED IT). My cooking class was quite an experience as well. Although we didn't actually cook- watching a pseudo-live cooking show in Spanish was pretty cool and the food also tasted great!
Being in Spain during the World Cup (and world cup VICTORY) was also an amazing and once in a lifetime experience. Every game was like a Michigan football Saturday but 100 times more exciting. Before every game a group of us went out for Tapas to watch the first half then watched the remainder of the game with about 500 other people in a plaza by Corte Ingles. And after a victory- it was time to celebrate and we all of course went to the bars with the rest of the city! The whole country was in celebration practically our entire time in Spain and it is something that I will never forget.

Overall my time here in Spain was not only extremely rewarding but throughout the trip I created so many new friendships and memories that I will hold on to forever. I am so thankful that I had this opportunity to study abroad and I would love to spend even more time in Spain if I had the chance! VIVA ESPAÑA!!!
-Liz <3

1 comment:

  1. Liz - ¡Sí! ¡Viva España! I am so glad you enjoyed and made the most of your time here this summer.

    ReplyDelete